of Forgotten Sea
~ History Record ~
(Jump to Member List)
The Barony of Forgotten Sea
established the BFS Lace Guild in August, 2001.
~ est. August 2001 ~
<Check with Baronage for current guild info>
The BFS Lace Guild Charter
The Purpose of this Guild
The purpose of this Guild is to give lace-makers in and around the Barony of Forgotten Sea a forum from which to learn about the craft of lace-making, teach what they have learned about lace to others, to seek and give advice, and revel in the camaraderie of others who share an interest in lace-making.
For the purposes of this Guild Charter, the term
"lace-making" will refer to all types of lace.
For the purposes of this Guild, the terms "craft of lace-making" and "field of lace-making" will include the research of lace, the production of lace, and the construction of items used in lace-making.
The Goals of this Guild
1. To sponsor at least one (1) competition a year in the field of Lace-making. This may be held in conjunction with either a Baronial Event, an event of one of the Baronial Cantons, or the annual Kingdom A&S Competition.
2. To hold at least one (1) class a year to educate the populace on some aspect in the field of lace. This may be done at a Baronial Meeting, a Baronial Event, a Baronial Canton Meeting, a Baronial Canton Event, or at a R.U.S.H. session.
3. To provide a medium for the exchange of information between members of the Guild and interested
parties not affiliated with the Guild.
4. To improve the overall quality of the lace produced and the manner it is produced in the Barony of Forgotten Sea.
The Requirements for this Guild
1. To provide a minimum of two pieces of lace annually to the Barony to be used as largesse. This may be the result of one or more of the members of the Guild.
2. To produce a minimum of one (1) informational article annually on some aspect of lace, to be “published” in either the Baronial Newsletter, the appropriate Kingdom publication (i.e. Calon Scrolls) and/or placed on the Forgotten Sea Lace Guild website. This may be the result of one or more of the members of the Guild.
3. To support any reasonable and do-able requests of the Calontir Crown for the products of the members of the Guild.
The Structure for this Guild
1. The Baronage of Forgotten Sea shall select the initial Lace Guild Head, who shall oversee the Guild for one year.
2. At the end of each year, the Guild shall select a Guild Head by a consensus of the Guild members. A Guild Head may be selected to oversee the Guild for consecutive years by the Guild members.
3. Ranks within the Guild, if needed, will be determined by a consensus of its members.
4. Duties of the Guild Head and the Guild members shall be determined by a consensus of the Guild members.
.....a. One of the duties shall be quarterly reports by the Guild Head to the Baronage and Seneschal of
.........Forgotten Sea on the Guild’s activities.
.....b. One of the duties shall be an accounting of the production of lace by the Guild members (for self and ..........others) plus a tallying of the amount of lace given annually to the Barony (and the Kingdom) to be used
..........as largesse, including what was produced and by which Guild members.
5. Should any disputes arise that cannot be settled by a consensus of the Guild members, the Baronage of Forgotten Sea retains the authority to settle such disputes.
6. The Barony of Forgotten Sea will establish and register a badge for Guild Insignia that all members of the Forgotten Sea Lace Guild are allowed to wear and display.
REGISTERED: Argent, a Lacy knot and a bordure vert.
This is the list of the members of the Barony of Forgotten Sea Lace Guild.
* = Charter Member
|.||* = Lace Guild Head||.||* = Former Lace Guild Head|
|Lady||Aine nic Taillier*|
|Her Ladyship||Banba MacDermott*|
|Baroness||Briana Etain MacKorkhill*|
|Lord||Dawved Val du Bois*|
|Lady||Ersebet of the Crescent Moon*|
|Lord||Garren of Aston Tor* (producer of bobbins & pillow boxes)|
|Her Ladyship||Johanne of Fisher Gate*|
|Lady||Marianna da Fiorenza (formerly Maire MacPharthalain)**|
|Lady||Twilleliah nic Taillier*|
|Lord||William Christopher Bainbridge*|
to go to
The Lace Page
To the Barony of Forgotten Sea webpage
To the Archer Guard page
To SCA Interests Page
To New Member Information