of Forgotten Sea
~ History Record ~
The Original Charter
<Check with Baronage for current guild info>
The BFS Brew Guild Charter
The Purpose of this Guild
The purpose of this Guild is to give brewers in and around the Barony of
Forgotten Sea a forum from which to learn about the craft of brewing, teach what
they have learned about brewing to others, to seek and give advice, and revel in
the camaraderie of others who share an interest in brewing.
The Goals of this Guild
1. To sponsor at least one (1) competition a year in the fields of Brewing/Vintning/Spirit-making. This may be held in conjunction with either a Baronial Event, an event of one of the Baronial Cantons, or the annual Kingdom A&S Competition.
2. To hold at least one (1) class a year to educate the populace on aspects of the fields of brewing, vintning and spirit making. This may be done at a Baronial Meeting, a Baronial Event, a Baronial Canton Meeting, a Baronial Canton Event, or at a R.U.S.H. session.
3. To provide a medium for the exchange of information between members of the Guild and interested parties not affiliated with the Guild.
4. To improve the overall quality and flavor of the brews and spirits and the
manner they are produced in the Barony of Forgotten Sea.
The Requirements for this Guild
1. To provide a minimum of twelve (12) bottles of beverage annually to the Barony to be used as largesse. This may be the result of one or more of the members of the Guild.
2. To produce a minimum of one (1) informational article annually on some aspect of brewing, to be “published” in either the Baronial Newsletter, the appropriate Kingdom publication (i.e. Calon Scrolls) and/or placed on the Forgotten Sea Brewer’s Guild website. This may be the result of one or more of the members of the Guild.
3. To support any reasonable and do-able requests of the Calontir Crown for the products of the members of the Guild.
4. It shall be the responsibility of the Guild to develop and produce at
least one beverage that will become representative of the Brewer’s Guild and
of Forgotten Sea.
The Structure for this Guild
1. The Baronage of Forgotten Sea shall select the initial Brewer’s Guild Head, who shall oversee the Guild for one year.
2. At the end of each year, the Guild shall select a Guild Head by a consensus of the Guild members. A Guild Head may be selected to oversee the Guild for consecutive years by the Guild members.
3. Ranks within the Guild, if needed, will be determined by a consensus of its members.
4. Duties of the Guild Head and the Guild members shall be determined by a
consensus of the Guild members.
a. One of the duties shall be quarterly reports by the Guild Head to the Baronage and Seneschal of Forgotten Sea on the Guild’s activities.
b. One of the duties shall be the delivery and tallying of the bottles of beverage given annually to the Barony to be used as largesse, including what was produced and by which Guild members.
5. Should any disputes arise that cannot be settled by a consensus of the Guild members, the Baronage of Forgotten Sea retains the authority to settle such disputes.
6. The Barony of Forgotten Sea will establish and register a badge for Guild
Insignia that all members of the Forgotten Sea Brewer’s Guild are allowed to
wear and display. REGISTERED:
[Fieldless] A barrel vert.
To the Barony of Forgotten Sea Info webpage
To the Brewing webpage
To SCA Interests Page
To New Member Information